Quick, healthy and filling. Serve over rice or noodles. Sure to be a new favorite at camp.
Campfire Shrimp and Asparagus in Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1/2 lb of peeled & deveined shrimp per person
- 1 bottle Chinese Black Bean Sauce
- Asparagus (typically the bundle at the grocery store is enough to feed 4-6)
- Cooking Spray
- Dark sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- crushed red pepper (to-taste, optional)
If you are cooking over a campfire a cast iron skillet is wonderful for this dish, if not any pan will do.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Cook shrimp on both side for a minute or two - then add black bean sauce.
- If you are adding red pepper add it now.
- Toss asparagus with dark sesame oil and ad to pan.
- Cook until shrimp is cooked through.
- Asparagus should still be crisp.
- Serve over noodles or rice tossed with dark sesame oil.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- Serve Immediately.