Delicious potatoes that you can make on the grill or over the campfire. Use small potatoes cut to the same size. *For a very festive side dish mix in red potatoes, blues, Yukon golds and purple fingerling potatoes.
These are sooo good and easy. make extra for home fries @ breakfast.
Campfire Potato Recipe
- Ready in: 35 minutes to an hour of cooking time
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 2 pounds small potatoes, scrubbed * see note above
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 t thyme or other fresh herbs
- Let the campfire or charcoal burn down to warm coals.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic. Toss.
- Make a foil pouch and place the potato mixture in it. Seal it tightly.
- Set the pouch on the grill or in the coals (preferably on a grate).
- Grill potatoes until fork-tender, 35 to 60 minutes