Yummy, campfire fries - these are real crowd pleasers.
If you cut the potatoes really thin they are almost like potato chips.
Campfire French Fries
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 4 Idaho potatoes
- Sea salt, or seasoned salt
- Olive oil
- Melted butter
- Bottled minced garlic (optional)
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Soak in cold water then dry between paper towels.
- Toss with olive oil sea salt, or seasoned salt to taste.
- Lay the sliced potatoes in a single layer on heavy duty tin foil.
- Cook over medium-high heat turning frequently with tongs.
- When the potaoes are brown and tender drizzle with melted butter and cook for several more minutes.
For an adult twist drizzle with bottled minced garlic at the same time as the butter.