A stir-fry dish that's easy to make over the campfire. To speed up the cooking time, use pre-cooked chicken slices and pre-steamed or frozen vegetables. And if you prefer leave out the chicken for a vegetarian dish.
Campfire Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- Ready in: 15 minutes prep + 45 minutes cooking time
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 1 t oil
- 2 pounds chicken strips
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/2 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1 c water
- Assorted vegetables of your choice (suggested: broccoli, cabbage, squash, zucchini, onions, celery, pineapple chunks, water chestnuts)
- 3 to 4 c hot, cooked rice
- In a large covered pan, heat the oil and brown the chicken.
- Add vegetables, soy sauce, salt, pepper, ginger, brown sugar and water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 c of water.
- Add the cornstarch mix to the casserole, stir and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice