Food always taste better at camp after a long day on the trail. This is a super easy, tasty Mexican treat that everyone will love. And you get to sneak in some veggies.
Add left over chicken, pork or beef you can add it in step 3.
Or add scrambled eggs and cooked bacon for a breakfast enchilada.
Campfire Cheese and Spinach Enchiladas
- Ready in: 15 - 20 minutes
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: easy
- 10 Burrito size Flour Tortillas 3 cups of mexican blend cheese 1 cup crumbled feta cheese + more for sprinkling 1 red onion - chopped 1 bag of baby spinach - chopped Tortilla chips Lime wedges
- 1 can of your favorite enchilada sauce (green or red)
- 3 cups of mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese + more for sprinkling
- 1 red onion - chopped
- 1 bag of baby spinach - chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- Tabasco or other hot sauce or canned salsa(optional)
- Sour Cream (optional - depending on refrigeration)
- Start a campfire and let the flames burn down so you'll get medium heat
- Spray a large metal roasting pan with Pam
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and fill with spinach, about a 1/4 cup of mexican cheese, chopped red onion and a little bit of feta cheese.
- Roll the tortilla together and put the seam-side down in the pan.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour the can of enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining mexican cheese.
- Cover with foil and place on a grate over the campfire.
- Remove foil after 5 or 10 minutes
- Cook until cheese is melted, bubbling and oozy.
Place one enchilada on a plate sprinkle with remaining feta cheese, top with sour cream, a lime wedge (for squeezing) and tortilla chips. Pass hot sauce or salsa.