A simple cake that can be flavored with whatever fresh fruit is in season.
Cake with a Thousand Faces Recipe
- Ready in: 20 minutes prep + 50 minutes cook time
- Serves: 8
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- fruit for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a tart pan with a removable bottom, or just grease a regular square pan well.
- Blend the butter, eggs, and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the flour and baking powder.
- Spread in the pan.
- Layer fruit on top in a decorative fashion.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350. Sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Use a knife blade to cut around the edge before loosening from pan.
Note: Cake should not be stored in the refrigerator - best stored at room temperature.