The Caipirinha is also gaining popularity throughout the world. It is best made with Cachaca, a Brazilian alcohol made from sugar cane, but light rum is an acceptable substitute if you can't find any Cachaca.
Caipirinha Rum Drink
- Ready in: 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 1.5-2 oz Cachaca
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 lime or .5-1 oz fresh lime juice
- Cut the lime into at least 4 pieces.
- Put the lime wedges and sugar into an old fashioned glass and muddle well.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and then pour the Cachaca over the top. If you don't have the tools to muddle the lime and sugar, you can use fresh lemon juice instead.
- Combine the lime, sugar and Cachaca in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Then pour into an old fashioned glass filled with crushed or whole ice cubes.