One of the best meals for breakfast. There is nothing that can beat
hot buttermilk waffles.
- Complexity: easy
- 2 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Sift together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the egg yolks until light. Add the buttermilk and melted butter to the egg yolks.
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients. Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a pitcher and heat the waffle iron until the indicator light shows that its ready. Pour the batter over the center of the waffle iron until it is about two-thirds covered.
- Close the lid and cook for about four minutes.
- Your waffle will be ready when steam stops coming out of the iron, and there shouldn't be too much resistance from the waffle iron. Allow the waffles to cool for a bit, so the waffles become a bit more crisp.
- Serve with your choice of toppings
- butter and hot maple syrup
- berries and whipped cream
- Nutella® and bananas