Bread Pudding with Pumpkin and Cranberries
- Ready in: about and hour
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: easy
- 1 1/2 pounds of egg bread, raisin bread or brioche
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- Optional: 1 cup fresh or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Hershey's chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 4-quart baking dish with butter.
- Cut bread into 2-inch cubes and place in prepared 4-quart baking dish.
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients in large bowl; stir to blend. Stir in milk mixture and pour over bread.
- Bake in preheated oven or dutch oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and custard is firm.
- Serve with whipped cream or a fruit sauce such as raspberry.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce
The bread pudding can be baked one day in advance, but make sure you don’t overcook it. Cook it just until eggs are set. Before reheating, combine 1⁄2 cup milk and1⁄2 cup cream in a bowl and stir. Drizzle it over the pudding; break up the mixture gently with a spoon so the milk mixture will run through the bread. Bake 25-30 minutes in a 300-degree oven. Serve warm.