This is a great twist on the perennial brunch favorite Bloody Mary.
This will serve 4 as a main course and 6 to 8 as an appetizer.
Bloody Mary Shrimp Pasta
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1 lb medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- sea salt
- Bloody Mary Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vodka (preferably Absolut Peppar)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish (not drained), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- Angel hair or thin pasta of your choice
- bite size sliced celery
Bring 2 cups of salted water to a boll - Add shrimp, then remove from heat and let stand in water until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Transfer shrimp to to a large bowl with the warm pasta.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Bloody Mary Sauce
Whisk together all sauce ingredients, + 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
Putting it all together
Pour Bloody Mary Sauce over warm shrimp and pasta and toss.
Add celery to garnish.