A simple elegant ending to a special meal.
Berries with Vanilla Cream
- Ready in: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 8 ounces mascarpone or full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise or a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced mixture of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- Combine mascarpone, cream, and 2 tablespoons sugar; scrape seeds from vanilla bean or vanilla extract into mixture.
- Beat with a mixer on low speed or a whisk until soft peaks form. Cover and chill.
- Toss strawberries with lemon
- Ladle strawberries and vanilla cream alternating layers into wineglasses or goblets (at least 8 oz.).