Grab a crusty loaf of french or sour dough bread and you have a terrific starter or a simple yet elegant dinner.
--Serves 4 as a starter or 2 as an entree.
Beer Steamed Clams
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 24 live clams 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped 1 lb reindeer or caribou sausage 12 oz Alaska Amber Beer (or other Amber) chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb reindeer or caribou sausage or your favorite smoky sausage
- 12 oz Alaska Amber Beer (or other Amber)
- chopped garlic
- 1 stick of butter
- crusty bread or garlic bread
- Cook sausage.
- Place clams and cooked sausage in the bottom of a clam steamer or deep boiling pot.
- Add beer. Beer level should be only 1-2 inches from kettle/pot bottom.
- Cover and bring beer to a boil and steam until top clams barely open (about 3-5 minutes).
Do not over cook, as clams will become tough and rubbery.
Serve with garlic butter, prepared by sautéing chopped garlic and fresh parsley with a melted stick of butter. This can also make a fantastic garlic bread to serve with the steamed clams.