The mixture of mustard and fresh herbs with a touch of butter is fresh and pure heaven. Serve the tenderloin with steamed clams, twice-baked potato and a simple salad.
Experiment with different herbs, mustards and flavored sea salt.
Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herbs
- Ready in: 10 minutes prep + 40 minutes cook and stand time
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed of most fat
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt ( a good quality sea salt will enhance the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Plastic wrap + tin foil
Prepare grill and preheat to high. Lightly coat beef with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium. Grill 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145° or until slightly less than your desired degree of doneness, turning to brown on all sides.
Remove from grill and place on tin foil (cut large enough to wrap tenderloin in). Melt butter and drizzle over beef. Wrap beef in foil and let beef stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle parsley, thyme, and rosemary in an even layer on an 18 x 15–inch sheet of plastic wrap. Brush mustard evenly over beef. Place beef in herb mixture on plastic wrap; roll beef over herbs, pressing gently. Remove plastic wrap and slice beef.