Whole sweet onions packaged in foil. Plan on 1 onion for each person - everyone gets thier own onion package. Experiment with types of bacon. This recipes call for maple smoked bacon but would be great with peppered or applewood smoked bacon.
Barbequed Onion Recipe
- Ready in: 20 minutes prep + 45 minutes cook time.
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 1 whole sweet onion per person
- 1 T butter per onion
- pepper, garlic powder, dried sage
- 1 strip of maple smoked bacon per onion
- Cut each onion 3/4 of the way through from top down in half and then in quarters.
- Add seasoning to taste. Put pat of butter on each.
- Top with bacon set cross ways.
- Wrap in foil-twice!
- Put on hot grill or bed of coals turning often for 45 minutes...Use caution when opening!