The ingredients may sound a little weird but this is a recipe you'll reach for over and over again when you need a quick, refreshing and elegant dessert.
Balsamic Strawberries With Brown Sugar And Sour Cream
- Ready in: 15 minutes to assemble + at least an hour to chill
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: very easy
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups aged Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place strawberries in a non-reactive bowl and marinate with Balsamic vinegar and a couple of rosemary sprigs.
- Cover and chill for an hour or overnight.
- Spoon berries into bowls or goblets sprinkle with brown sugar and sea salt then top with sour cream.
It's that simple and everyone will want the recipe.
I don't usually tell my guests what's in this recipe until after they've eaten it. My husband hates balsamic vinegar and sour cream but loves this recipe.