The perfect afternoon camping snack.
Apple-Peanut Butter Snack
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 2 red delicious apples
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 6 whole graham crackers
- Core the apples and cut each one in half.
- Cut the halves into 3 wedges.
- Dip the wedges in lemon juice and tuck them into a large piece of tin foil with a little water sprinkled over the top.
- Set your foil packet in the coals of a campfire. (If you're at home, cook the apples in the microwave, covered, for 3.5 - 4 minutes on high. Apples should be tender but still hold their shape).
- Remove apples and drain on a towel.
- In a bowl, stir apples together with peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Spread on graham crackers to make a sandwich, and enjoy.