Delicious apple oat bars with the ability to "make them your own" by adding nuts, or chocolate chips or peanut butter chips. or go crazy and add all 3. Yum!
Apple Oatmeal Bar Recipe
- Ready in: 30 minutes prep time + 30 minutes cook time
- Serves: 12
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3/4 t baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 c quick rolled oats
- 1/2 c coarsely chopped nuts OR chocolate chips OR peanut butter chips
- Heat over to 375.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except oats) together. Stir them into the butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in apples, oats, and nuts.
- Spread mixture in the pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a wooded pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.